My mottoes are
“Push the Envelop”
“When there’s a will, there’s a way.”
“Our task, then, is to realize the transpersonal vision for ourselves through practicing a transpersonal discipline; to test and refine this vision through study, reflection and critical thinking’ to embody and express it in our lives; to share and communicate it where we can’ to use it to help the healing of our world; and to let it use us as willing servants for the awakening and welfare of all.” – Roger Walsh
I didn’t start out as Annette Vaillancourt, Ph.D., award-winning psychotherapist, published author, online radio host, Brown Belt in karate, amateur fiddle player and EFT practitioner. I started out life under difficult circumstances. I underwent my share of trials and traumas, including poverty, emotional neglect, deep depression, sexual assault and recently a life threatening illness.
Despite all of that, I created a life I love AND SO CAN YOU! My inspiration came from an unlikely place – favorite story from kindergarten ,T he Little Engine That Could. “I think I can. I think I can!”
How could I have known back when I was a timid, awkward, and depressed teenager that someday I would end up helping people just like you create a life you love? No one ever told me I could do that. I just kept pushing forward and did it!
What I did know was that I had a dream and I was going to find a way to fulfill it.
I always figured that if can accomplish a complete life transformation, including
- healing my body of Stage 3 Lung Cancer without chemo or radiation
- a 100 pound weight loss
- doubling my income during the recession
- writing my first book in 6 months, my second in 6 weeks and my third in 6 days
so can you!
Who better to guide you, than someone whose been there?
I earned my Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology in 1990 from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. I had a private practice of psychotherapy until I retired in 2016.
Between where I started and where I am now, I learned many important lessons, including:
- It’s not about where you start, but how you finish.
- I didn’t have money, but I had time, a dream and alot of determination.
- I didn’t know much of anything, but I did know how to ask for help.
- Don’t believe everything you think.
- Fear is NOT your friend.
- Worry does no good.
- The best guidance comes from deep within.
- You don’t know what you don’t know until you know.
- If you have a dream that won’t let go, you will be guided to resources and people who will help you fulfill it.
- Feelings run their course and don’t kill you.
- Successful people persevere.
- We may not be able to change circumstances, but we can change how we think about them.
- Food is for fuel, not for numbing feelings.
- Multi-tasking isn’t good for you.
- It’s hard to speak your truth, but it is absolutely necessary.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
I may not be exactly where you are, but I’ve been through enough s–t to empathize. I know too well what it is like going through tough times alone. I know the despair, frustration and hopeless that stands between you and your dream life. I can remember what it feels like before, during and after coming out the other side of difficult times. Believe me, it’s alot better on the other side!
Unlike me, you don’t have to take they journey alone. We will take it together.