Award Winning Psychotherapist in Carbondale, Illinois
As the novelist Tom Robbins said, “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.” I help you how to resolve your issues quickly with the cutting edge techniques I’ve spent 30+ years and thousands of dollars acquiring.
Are you stuck, unhappy, anxious, or simply feel that your life is going no where? Are you unable to make your relationships work or continually fight about the same things with your romantic partners or spouse? Maybe you could use a trusted counselor to talk to.
- If you want RESULTS and SOLUTIONS without rehashing your childhood….
- if you need to develop your communication skills…
- if you want to increase your ability to trust others…
- If you want to resolve stress & reduce anxiety without taking medication that has unwanted side effects….
- if you want to improve your self-esteem….
- if you want to gain insights that allow you to eliminate self-defeating behaviors…
- If you have negative, self-limiting beliefs that hold you back from having what you want in life….
- If you don’t want to stay in counseling FOREVER….
Read what people are saying about counseling with Dr. Annette Vaillancourt.
Call (618) 549-5935 to make an appointment. If I am away from my phone or with a client, please leave a message with the confidential 24-hour voicemail. I will return your call as soon as I am available. Please Note: Because of my license type, I do not accept Medicare or Medicaid. Go to Insurance page to learn more about this.
In addition to earning a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, writing a book and opening my private practice of psychotherapy in 1990, I am trained in cutting edge mind/body therapies, such as mindfulness meditation, Emotional Freedom Technique, EMDR, and PSYCH-K®. Each of these techniques help you to quickly facilitate release from stress, trauma and self-limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging behaviors. Ask me about them!
Dr. Vaillancourt is considered an ally and is gay affirmative.
Monday 2pm – 8pm
Tuesday noon – 8pm
Wednesday 9am – noon
231 W. Main, 2W
Carbondale, Illinois 62901
Check, cash, PayPal and all Major Credit Cards accepted.
There is parking in the lot south of the building. Parking tags will be provided at your first appointment and must be used every visit, as towing is strictly enforced.
ADA compliance: My office is located on the second floor on the west side of a building that is over 100 years old. We have air conditioning and indoor plumbing, but we do NOT have an elevator. If you require special considerations because of different abilities, please let me know so that I can make suitable arrangements in advance.